The Rural Outreach Center (ROC), located at 730 Olean Road in East Aurora, has an immediate opening for a part-time Program & Volunteer Coordinator. The position will require approximately 25 to 30 hours per week and will report to the organization’s executive director.
The person in this position will expand the program capacity of the ROC in the southern rural areas of Western New York. This individual will also:
• Enhance the quality of services provided to rural southern Western New York residents through the development and implementation of ROC programs, partnerships and collaborations.
• Develop and manage budgets and personnel (volunteers and potential staff).
• Enhance and manage partnerships and potential collaborations with other nonprofits to ensure ROC participants are connected to the types of resources needed to move to self-sufficiency.
• Increase participant involvement in programs.
• Identify rural poor who are unaware of or unable to access social services and make connections that will enhance their quality of living. Use needs assessments to ensure programming matches the greatest community needs.
• Provide ongoing evaluation of ROC programs, ascertain personnel needs, and recruit volunteers and partners to meet those needs.
• Cultivate active volunteers as a support base in the community to help the ROC expand its ability to serve people.
This person will recruit and organize community groups, individual residents, organizations and corporate citizens to give of their time, talent and/or resources to benefit programs, services and community events throughout the ROC’s designated service area. This will involve mobilizing volunteers, identifying partners, and facilitating implementation of programs and program enhancement.
Other essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Work with other ROC staff to identify, through a variety of mechanisms, the needs of rural poor. Develop and manage programs and partnerships to address the needs.
• Recruit a solid and consistent base of volunteer workers and partners for existing and developing programs to meet the needs of the areas served.
• In conjunction with recruited volunteers, organize special projects and community events that benefit residents and families.
• Oversee and manage program personnel (volunteers), budgets, evaluations and results.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred, with experience in a related field.
• Familiarity with related service providers and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of the rural poor and issues of poverty.
• Trustworthiness and strong administrative capacity.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with clients, volunteers, community members, agency sources and board members.
• Ability to read and analyze basic agency financial reports, and apply concepts such as percentages, ratios and proportions.
• Ability to define relevant issues concerning poverty and draw valid conclusions to assist in implementing the mission of the ROC.
This position will require the use of a car and travel to the rural areas of southern Western New York. For more information on the ROC, please call 240-2220 or follow the Rural Outreach Center on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Rural-Outreach-Center-497751720285555 for frequent updates.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and three professional references to: Frank Cerny, Rural Outreach Center, 730 Olean Road, East Aurora, N.Y. 14052.