ROC seeks Administrative Assistant
Organization Name: Rural Outreach Center (ROC)
Organization Description: Social/Community Outreach
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Salary: Based on qualifications and level of experience
Location: East Aurora – this is not a remote position
About the Rural Outreach Center:
Mission & Goals: Our mission is to assist, empower, and elevate the impoverished rural populations in Southern Erie County and the surrounding areas. We serve with compassion, empathy, and respect for all people. For children, our goal is to break the cycle of multi-generational poverty by providing counseling, play therapy, educational opportunities, and programs.
Why Work with Us:
At the Rural Outreach Center, we pride ourselves on providing trauma-informed and exceptional services to support individuals and families needing support as they move toward self-sufficiency. We take the time to give every Participant the attention they need and empower them to achieve their goals. We also take time to get to know every employee, understand what they are passionate about, and collaboratively work to enhance skills and abilities.
We are compelled to work intensely with children to break the cycle of generational poverty. We address these concerns with multiple programs, to support each person on their pathway to self-sufficiency.
Qualifications: Associates degree minimum; college degree and 2 years experience preferred. A passion for non-profit, mission-driven, work a necessity. Strong administrative capacity, including organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Comfortable with a fast-paced, fluid working environment. Advanced Office Suite, including in particular, Excel, skills essential. Mail merge, database, preferably donor CRM, experience. Graphic design capabilities. Ability to work independently and cooperatively with Executive Director, staff, Board members, Rural Outreach Center (ROC) Participants, and consultants
Supervisor: Development Director
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, organized, ambitious professional with a passion for service to the community. This person must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. This administrative position focuses on developing, running and managing all aspects of the ROC’s front office and physical sites. This opportunity presents the right candidate a unique career opportunity focused on helping the community, working with Participants, as well as supporting our staff and community.
Duties: Administrative Duties
This administrative position will cover a wide variety of work responsibilities. You will perform many of the same everyday functions however, you must be able to work in a fluid and nimble environment. Some responsibilities including:
- Strong Excel skills: the ability to use and manipulate spreadsheets, graphing, tables, calculations, and automation efficiently to process large quantities of data relevant to operational tasks
- Microsoft Office; page setup, comparing and merging documents, creating forms using fields and advanced tools, creating & using templates, formatting tables, sharing and protecting documents, tracking changes.
- Strong communications skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Editing & proofing documents
- Experience with data bases including donor software
- Extraction of data for reports and data presentation
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Managing scheduling and appointments
- Arranging and facilitating meetings on-site and virtually
- Experience with Office 365 and teams
- Managing traditional paper and/or electronic filing systems
- Accurate record keeping
- General clerical duties
- Graphic design abilities
- Social Media knowledge
To apply send your resume & cover letter to: Monique Brannon, Director of Development at email@example.com