ROC Seeks Finance Officer
Organization Name: Rural Outreach Center (ROC) http://theroc.co
Organization Description:Social/Community Outreach Location: East Aurora
Job Title: Finance Officer
Salary:Based on qualifications and level of experience
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Grant administration and tracking.
- Monitor HR functions such as health insurance plans.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
Qualifications: Minimum Associate’s degree in Accounting/Finance. Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience, including financial oversight, ideal. Knowledge of and experience with Quickbooks a must. Experience with medical billing and claims. Ability to be structured, yet flexible a must. A passion for non-profit, mission-driven work a necessity. Strong administrative capacity, including management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently and cooperatively with Executive Director, Staff, Board members, Rural Outreach Center (ROC) Participants, and Consultants.
Supervisor: Executive Director and Operating Officer